Consistently crafted soils and mixes
Our soils and plant mixes contain natural ingredients sourced from ocean waters and farms. They never include biosolids or municipal or household waste. Every one of our products is designed with rigorous quality controls, sampling, and testing. The result is rich, dark, soils and growing mixes crafted to build soil structure and meet plant needs.
Organic gardening with the richest results
Living close to the land keeps you grounded in life’s richest gifts. Since 1996, we’ve been digging in to deliver our organic line of natural soils, mulches, amendments, and fertilizers. The secret to their success is one every gardener learns-you get back from the earth what you put into it. And nothing nurtures the world above better than the soil below, cultivated from products and practices rooted in the Coast of Maine.
Aged bark, sphagnum peat moss, perlite, and chunky coco fiber (coir).
Follow these simple steps…
- Choose a clean pot or container that has drainage holes at the bottom. This will help prevent water from accumulating and reduce root rot.
- Fill the pot with Cape Neddick Blend, leaving some space at the top to accommodate the plant and water.
- Gently remove the houseplant from its current container and loosen roots.
- Place the plant in the center of the pot, ensuring that it is positioned at the same level as it was in its previous container. Adjust the soil level if necessary.
- Fill the remaining space around the plant with more Cape Neddick Blend, gently tamping it down with your fingers.
- Water the plant thoroughly, allowing water to seep through the drainage holes. Ensure that excess water is draining away and not sitting in the pot.
- Place the potted plant in an appropriate location, considering its light requirements and temperature preferences.