Who We Are
Coast of Maine Organic Products was founded in 1996 with the simple idea that a healthy planet needs healthy soil to sustain life. From this idea, a love of gardening and a commitment to sustainable practices, Coast of Maine Organic Products has grown to offer what we believe are the most unique and effective organic gardening products available. Our organically approved, compost-based soils, enriching mulches, soil supplements and liquid fertilizers are designed to enhance and support healthy soil biology. We compost residuals sourced locally in Maine and New Brunswick, such as shellfish (lobster & crab), salmon, wild blueberries, and cow manure. Additional local ingredients include: tree bark, worm castings, and seaweed. Coast of Maine distributes organic retail bagged goods to independent garden centers along the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, and parts of the Mid-West.
Who We Strive To Be
To be the most trusted partner to professionals and homeowners who, like us, believe that authentically natural & organic growing, garden and lawn products play a critical role in the health of our communities and the living planet that we share.
To become the preferred national brand of natural & organic growing, gardening and lawn care products and services. We will use our portfolio of brands and work with talented like-minded people to support the quality and safety focused professional and homeowner via the best products and services available. By focusing on building strong relationships with our team members, customers and business partners, delivering consistently high-quality products and understanding the needs of the end-users we will ensure profitable success for our ourselves and our stakeholders while contributing to sustaining our communities and living planet.
- Sustainability –We value the inherent worth of the natural world, and will respect our role in maintaining it for future generations.
- Performance – We value competence and commitment as essential to the success of our business and of our partners.
- Continuous Improvement – We value the practice and application of consistent and continuous efforts to improve all aspects of our brands and business.
- Teamwork – We value the exponential power of teamwork in achieving our shared ambitions.
- Respect – We value the inherent worth of human beings and nature and will operate with respect for each other, our partners, our customers and the environment.
- Growth & Diversity – We value the differing talents that our team brings, and that it is a shared responsibility to carry forward a rewarding and safe work environment that supports diversity and professional growth.
Where to Find Our Products
Not sold in “big box” stores! Coast of Maine proudly supports the local garden centers and retailers. It has long been the philosophy of the Coast of Maine brand that our locally made products should be sold by local independent retailers and garden centers that feed the local economy. Independent garden centers and retailers specialize in gardening. They provide a level of superior knowledge, customer service and community support that the big-box, mass retail stores just can’t match. Coast of Maine organic products are available at independent garden centers, local retailers, indoor gardening and grow stores, and many local hardware stores across the East Coast, from Maine through the Mid-Atlantic and parts of the Mid-West.
Click HERE to use our Store Locator